Looking around for cool Christmas presents for my biker friends, I ran across a cool tool - the Light Knight, which trips the sensor at traffic lights when you arrive there alone. From their site:
"A lot of traffic lights use buried sensors to detect when a vehicle is present. Left turn lanes are the most popular places but some secondary roads have lights that only turn green when there's a vehicle waiting.
How frustrating has it been for you to wait and wait, watching all the other lights cycle, but never allowing you to have your turn? There are just not enough solid steel parts on a motorcycle to trip the sensors. That's what it's all about - ferrous metal (steel) that the buried sensors can "see."
These buried sensors work a lot like a metal detector, relying on "seeing" some metal to interrupt their magnetic field to let them know someone is there to activate the traffic light changer circuitry. There just are not enough steel parts in a motorcycle for the sensors to see you. If they can't see your bike, they'll never change for you.
The Light Knight easily attaches to any motorcycle, out of sight and out
of the way. Once you install one, you'll forget it's there... until you
remember how tricky it used to be to get through traffic lights."
Read here for more info.
At only $13.95, this makes a great stocking stuffer - I'll be picking some up.
- add friend
Most Recent Entries
- Press Release from FMF Racing
- Cool Story About an Eight-Year-Old Champion
- We are one away from 1500 Facebook Likes!
- Jimmy Albertson Injured In Supercross Qualifying
- Jimmy Albertson to Compete in 2011 AMA Supercross!
- Discount Supercross Tickets - Anaheim and Los Angeles
- Driving School Opens Track to Paralyzed Drivers
- 2010 Auto Racing All-America Team Selected
- Create a Profile - Win a Killer FMF Sweatshirt!
- We Need A Killer Tag Line
- 49 Greatest Auto Racing Quotes
- Chad Reed to Start New Supercross Team
- Want the 2011 Grand National Flat Track Series Televised?
- Michael Jordan Motorsports Signs Ben Bostrom for American Superbike
- Cool Tool For Bike Riders - Trip the Sensor at Traffic Lights
- Brammo Annouces Enertia Plus
- Your Dog's Picture on the #99 Car!
- Win John Dowd or Kyle Regal's Helmet!
- Check out the Robin Hood Rally
- Trinity Racing Concepts Featured in NVision Magazine
- FullSpeed Has a new Partner
- Elena Myers Makes History!
- Had a Great Meeting Today
- We Want New Pros To Join Us At FullSpeed!
- First FullSpeed Press Release
- Participated in first F1 Twitter Chat!
- Congrats to Kyle Busch, Kevin Harvick
- Today We Relaunched FullSpeed!
- Red Bull Indianapolis GP - Helpful Tips
- David Ragan Wins at Bristol!